Welcome to First
Whatever your need, whatever your reason, welcome to First Baptist Church of Guntersville. We know that He has a purpose for bringing you on this special day, to this special place. We hope you feel a genuine (welcome) as you share with us in this worship experience. As a church family, we have a clear vision of what God wants this fellowship to do: “to know Christ and to make Him known.” True worship is our spiritual priority and loving people is our spiritual privilege.
“Our Mission is to know Christ and to make Him known”
What is our purpose as a church?
Church is a very warm and loving body of believers whose goal is to worship and serve Jesus Christ.
Our Vision is to celebrate life in Jesus Christ through worship, praise, and fellowship and to equip the saints so that in His name we offer the assurance of salvation to our community, our nation, and our world.
Our slogan is more than just a catchy phrase. We hope that it gives you insight into just who we are. We want to be a church that is really making a difference – in the lives of people who have become part of our family – in our community where we work to improve the quality of life and care – and in our world, through worship, missions and service. Our program and ministries all flow from our Vision Statement and aim to demonstrate to those outside of our church that FBC is a place of relevance, care and supernatural power!
What does First Baptist Church offer you?
- A climate of openness, welcome and warmth
- A Sunday School program that provides a place for friendship, spiritual growth and personal care
- Worship services that are inviting, challenging and full of life
- Preaching and teaching that is relevant to contemporary living
- A dynamic student and children’s ministry operating on the “cutting edge”
- A music ministry that is exciting, challenging and fun for all ages
- A vibrant Senior Adult ministry with numerous fellowship and ministry opportunities
- A church where the people are encouraged to become actively involved in all facets of ministry
Christ reached out to people of all ages and backgrounds and at our church we desire to do the same. That is why you will discover here ministries geared to various life stages and needs. That is why we have a place for everyone to study God’s Word, fellowship together, and minister to others through numerous service opportunities.
What is our heritage?
First Baptist Church was organized April 28, 1907. We are autonomous body of believers in voluntary cooperation with the Southern Baptist Convention.
It is our desire that our buildings and resources be used to bring glory to God, encouragement to His people and to minister to the community.
We want you to be a part of the blessings of God in the life of our church. We will bring you updates often on just what is happening at our church and share the stories of how Christ is making a difference in the lives of people.